BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That’s why investors of all kinds have made us the world’s largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it’s why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
About this role
Technology & Operations is the backbone for both the client lifecycle and the investment lifecycle. The group’s Follow the Sun Model ensures that the firm’s operations are consistent and efficient across all investment products, client channels and regions, helping to deliver a outstanding client experience and drive scalability. Tech & Ops is driven by a global network of Operating Centers of Excellence, which centralizes knowledge and equips support teams with the data and timely information needed to innovate and deliver on behalf of internal partners and clients.
BlackRock’s Technology & Enterprise Service Group seeks to provide BlackRock Employees with robust technology infrastructure and strategic workplace solutions to deliver a consistent employee experience around the world, while handling information security and data integrity. Teams aligned to support the firm’s functions include Global Enterprise Security, Global Information Security, Global Technology Infrastructure, Global Real Estate, Global Digital Workplace, Global Digital Workplace, Global Shared Services & Business Relationship Management.
Global Enterprise Security (GES) has responsibility for ensuring a risk-based management approach to protect BlackRock staff and visitors, reputation, physical and information assets and operations from disruptive events. The team manages key Security Programs (eg. Business Continuity, Crisis Management, Health & Safety) as well as communications and escalation of physical and information security incidents. GES is also responsible for Travel, Private Aviation and Premiere Support across the firm.
The Regional GES Lead for Eastern Europe will be responsible for serving as the key point of contact for all regional issues related to Corporate Security, Enterprise Resilience (including business continuity, crisis management and technology disaster recovery), Health & Safety and Corporate Travel.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the domain authority and leading the GES portfolio for Eastern Europe with a focus on Budapest and Belgrade.
- Leading BlackRock and vendor staff on the GES team as those resources are deployed in the region
- Overseeing all aspects of physical security and ensuring the safety of our staff, visitors,travelers and assets in the region
- Coordinating business continuity and crisis management efforts, including creation and maintenance of business continuity plans, creation, training and management of crisis management teams, and business engagement to support business continuity and technology disaster recovery testing
- Overseeing Health and Safety efforts and ensuring that our facilities meet regulatory requirements and are in line with BlackRock standards
- Partners with business leaders across the region to ensure that Security, Life Safety and BCM programs are well socialized and executed in the region
- Maintains strong ties with local vendors as well as local, state and federal government and law enforcement officials to ensure BlackRock is able to appropriate respond to emergency issues
- Partners with the Enterprise Risk Management team to mitigate risks related to security, life safety or facilities and implement risk reporting tools
- Supports Global Real Estate and Design and Construction in the acquisition and development of new properties and the refurbishment of existing facilities and ensures appropriate security measures are implemented
- Partners with Facilities and Engineering Heads to ensure global practices are appropriately adapted for local business needs and meet business continuity requirements
- Responds to employee and BLK emergencies and provides support to ensure our ability to mitigate emergencies. This requires availabiltiy during evenings and weekends and a willingness to respond to unexpected emergencies and situations at any of BlackRock’s locations globally
- Required to travel to Belgrade, Serbia on a regular basis.
- Requires an extensive experience of forward-thinking advancement in security, life safety or business continuity management
- Financial services experience strongly preferred
- Experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining a security, life safety or business continuity management program
- Knowledge of BCM, security and life safety processes, performance metrics, and cost reduction opportunities
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the organization
- Strong scheduling, prioritizing, and multi-tasking skills and able to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration, including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
Our global network of operations professionals centralize knowledge, equip teams with data and technology, and provide the information needed to innovate and deliver for internal stakeholders and clients.