Associate, Business Manager
Business Management & Strategy Hong Kong, Requisition #: R192571
About this role
BlackRock Company Description:
BlackRock was founded to provide answers and leadership to the investors who entrust their money and their futures to us. As the world’s largest investment manager, with nearly $6 trillion invested on behalf of our clients around the globe, BlackRock takes its responsibility to build better financial futures extremely seriously. That’s why we bring together the best and brightest people – and give you the skills and support you need to make a career for yourself and a difference in today’s New World of Investing™.
We’re looking for people who are natural-born problem solvers, innovators and leaders – the sort of people who can help us deliver strong investment performance, develop industry-leading technology, and build strong client relationships.
BlackRock provides a range of solutions from rigorous asset management aimed at maximizing returns, to highly efficient investment strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets, to alternative investment strategies such as hedge funds, private equity and real estate. Our clients access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The COO team comprises four staff and reports directly to the Head of APAC Client Business.
The primary responsibilities of the team are:
- acting as advisor to the entire APAC Client Business, including the various country teams;
- development of the business growth strategy;
- financial management, reporting and analysis;
- sponsorship and coordination of projects and other initiatives;
- providing support and oversight of all operational, regulatory/compliance, and client service matters, including coordinating with relevant internal functional teams and external parties (where relevant); and talent management
- Produce regular sales reporting and business reviews/updates for senior management
- Support annual budgeting and planning process
- Lead sales, expense and headcount forecasting
- Support COO on a wide range of business and other issues
- Work with teams across APAC and EMEA to implement global projects
- Maintain and update client mapping within multiple databases
- Ensure consistent delivery of collateral, content and training to optimize sales focus
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong analytical ability – able to grasp concepts quickly, analyze relevant information and problem solve
- Confident and highly motivated with an ability to balance multiple tasks under pressure
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, both written and verbal, in a multi-level team environment
- Strong execution – results-focused, prioritizes key tasks, keen attention to detail
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial services preferred
- Bachelor degree (or similar) in a relevant field
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.