Alternative Investment Services Associate
Governance & Proxy DEWilmington, , Requisition #: R192650
About this role
We are searching for someone who understands the fast paced financial services environment. They need to appreciate being spot on and have a passion for working in a dynamic. As well as properly support an evolutionary brand. Want to feel valued and recognized every day for your work? We strive to empower our employees and actively engage our employees involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being!
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to clients and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most significant goals. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Position within the Alternatives Accounting and Controllers team handles all of BlackRock’s Alternative Investments business. As a guide, this position supports a complex and fast-paced substitute investment fund business in environment. BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI) is a strategic focus for the firm and this position will be part of a core accounting team in Wilmington, DE focused on Closed End Alternative Funds.
Demonstrate complete ownership of all accounting and administrator oversight to ensure timely and accurate delivery of reporting to LPs. Connect with multiple internal and external partners over the course of the year to understand third party requests and deliver solutions partners needs. Lead regulatory compliance with SEC, NFA, and other regulations for product’s under the individual’s purview. Recalculate management fees and carried interest in accordance with fund legal documents and report associated revenue to corporate controllers team. Responsible for engaging with audit team around accounting topics, coordination and completion of audited financials each year. Communicate performance results to investors and resolve investors’ questions. Participate in investor due diligence meetings, as required for product set, ensure proper reporting to clients. Field custom reporting requests and projects for investors and/or business specific needs and develop reporting back to clients/partners. Drive increased efficiency and innovation through continuous review of operating procedures and planning / evaluating technology enhancements (Innovation and Creativity).
BS/BA degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field. Advanced degree and/or CPA are preferable. 4+ years of admissible investment / fund accounting or public accounting (audit) work experience. Alternative investment experience, especially in Closed End/Private Equity preferred but not required. You must have knowledge of technical and regulatory issues affecting the alternative asset fund industry, including knowledge of investment company accounting/reporting, US GAAP and IFRS; Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Takes ownership for outcomes and is personally accountable for results (Accountability & Ownership);
- Analyze applicable information using logic and consider purposeful facts to make rational, realistic and sound decisions (Analytic Ability);
- Produces accurate work and spots mistakes/errors and makes appropriate corrections (Attention to Detail);
- Understands common business and financial terminology including how organizations operate, oppose and grow (Business Insight);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to clearly articulate results to all level within the business (Interpersonal knowledge);
- Self-motivated, determined to achieve goals and works hard to meet those goals. (Drive, Determination and Execution);
- Works effectively in prioritizing responsibilities including ongoing and ad hoc projects simultaneously (Plan and Prioritize);
- Develops practical and pragmatic solutions to problems (Problem Solving);
- Effectively plans, implements and develops an efficient approach to projects (Project Management);
- Builds working partnerships and sustains unity in the workplace (Relationship Building);
- Strong working knowledge of various financial instruments, especially private investments, and accounting for those instruments in conformity with GAAP.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.