Vice President, Prime Brokerage & Financing
Investment Professionals NYNew York, , Requisition #: R192145
About this role
The Prime Brokerage Financing [“PBF”] team supports the firm’s levered and alternative products through oversight across prime brokerage, derivatives and other related financing strategies; managing the cost of borrowing and overall financing. PBF is significantly involved in activities such as equity and fixed income financing, PB relationship management, counterparty and liquidity risk management, and trading / financing documentation reviews.
- Work with multiple investment teams to source financing liquidity across a broad array of investment strategies.
- Represent BlackRock’s interests in frequent interaction with Prime Brokerage Financing counterparties on the street.
- Monitor and negotiate financing rates across multiple counterparties ensuring optimal rates for the lifecycle of trades, including a deep understanding of cross currency basis.
- Exhibit detailed product knowledge of financing, equities, equity swaps, fixed income, repo, futures, and other instruments.
- Working knowledge of capital, leverage, and liquidity ratios/measures that are materially impacting the way business is conducted with banks.
- Understanding of how to optimize different trading strategies by looking at portfolio financing, excess cash, margin requirements, financing rates, dividend and tax implications.
- Continuously build upon and improve scalable processes that enable efficient oversight of financing activities
- Partner with investment teams on the oversight of collateral usage and excess liquidity for Hedge/Levered funds.
- Work with multiple internal groups on both new product launches and existing mandates to determine the proper financing structures, counterparties, and level of involvement/prioritization required by the Hedge Fund/Prime Brokerage Financing team.
- Interact with external credit officers and be able to resolve on-going inquiries or escalation as part of their credit reviews of BlackRock’s Alternative Funds.
- 5-10 years of experience in Hedge Fund financing, Equity and Fixed Income Financing, Portfolio optimization, Cash management, pricing of futures and other trading instruments
- Working knowledge of capital, leverage, and liquidity ratios/measures
- Strong Python, C++, Java experience
- Strong Mathematical background and an ability to work with large data sets to run complex analytics
- Possess strong negotiation skills with the ability to balance the trade-off between short term gains and long-term wins.
- Ability to communicate well and work collaboratively with a global team across multiple time zones.
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, be able to manage and prioritize a wide variety of concurrent and competing projects.
- Ability to be a self-starter, work independently and proven record in problem solving.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive results and adapt in a fast-changing environment.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.