BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That’s why investors of all kinds have made us the world’s largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it’s why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
About this role
BlackRock Inc. is a preeminent global firm, providing investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world. BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock's asset management business. By combining sophisticated risk analytics and investment systems with capital markets and business process expertise, BlackRock Solutions helps clients address a variety of risk management and investment process challenges. BlackRock Solutions’ Aladdin® platform is an operating system for investment managers that combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading and operational scale
The Aladdin Client Engagement (ACE) Group is responsible for managing the strategic vision and senior level interactions with Institutional Aladdin and Aladdin Risk clients. The team’s primary goal is to deliver value and to grow our relationships through a superior client experience, leveraging deep product and analytics knowledge. Using the Aladdin platform, the Aladdin Client Engagement team empowers users from all walks of life to achieve their investment and risk management goals by providing them with direct access to the best in class investment technology, cutting edge risk modelling methods and a dedicated team of service specialists. We pride ourselves on delivering a differentiated service, not software.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
BlackRock Solutions is looking for a Client Manager to provide ongoing Relationship Management service and support for its growing Institutional Aladdin and Aladdin Risk client base. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Mobilize Aladdin’s suite of risk modelling capabilities to deliver best-in-class solutions for our clients
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our clients, driving to identify, understand, and solve complex problems
- Own relationships with client teams, including senior management (e.g. Chief Investment Officer)
- Build strong internal relationships within BlackRock Solutions, and the wider BlackRock, in support of your clients
- Develop a deep understanding of your client’s business objectives, and help leverage Aladdin expertise to achieve their organization’s goals
- Work closely with Aladdin product managers, developers, and financial modellers to further the value proposition of the Aladdin platform
- A working understanding of equity, fixed income, alternatives, and derivative markets and analytics, with experience in advising clients on portfolio strategies, portfolio optimization, risk assessments, and performance attribution
- Familiarity with buy-side investment management workflows, proficient in market trends,
- A consultative approach to understanding client needs and a passion for solving problems
- Strong interest in technology and an aptitude for learning new systems
- Emotional ownership, pride in what you do and a strong team ethos
- 2-6 years of experience in Financial Services, Technology, Consulting or Buy Side firm.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
We create, communicate and deliver investment solutions for clients worldwide, while also developing marketing strategies for new business growth. This includes cultivating relationships with key distributors of our investment products.