BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That’s why investors of all kinds have made us the world’s largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it’s why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
About this role
Technology & Operations
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. BlackRock currently has more than $5 trillion AUM and approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets.
BlackRock Data Services (BDS) is entrusted with maintaining all data integral to the investment decision process, for BlackRock the Investment Manager and its BlackRock Solutions (BRS) business, in our proprietary Aladdin® end-to-end investment platform. BDS closely partners with its stakeholders, such as Portfolio Management, Global Capital Markets, Relationship Management, Portfolio Compliance, Risk Analytics, Regulatory Reporting, and others, to ensure their business data needs are met accurately, timely, and efficiently.
The BDS philosophy is anchored on BlackRock’s cornerstone principles: Innovation, Fiduciary focus, Passion for Performance, and the unified purpose of One BlackRock. Through that lens, we strive to build value for our clients by understanding their needs, the markets, and using technology to create best in class solutions. As a global team, BDS has presence across 12 offices in 8 countries, servicing more than $17 trillion in AUM on Aladdin for BlackRock and BRS clients spanning 6 continents and all spectrums of the financial markets.
The Private Valuation Team within BDS supports the investment valuation function for private, illiquid investments acting as the interface between the investment professionals, external valuation providers, accounting outsource providers, auditors, and Global Fund Services. The Private Valuation Team focuses on adding value by providing valuation oversight and coordination of valuations and supporting documentation.
• Provide high quality client service externally and internally. Address inquiries, perform controls, resolve problems, and mitigate risks for clients and internal BlackRock stakeholders.
• Initiate and help drive platform and process innovations to support new business needs, minimize risk, enhance quality, and navigate the changing markets.
• Prepare valuation documentation for private equity, private debt and other alternative investments.
• Manage workflow of data to 3rd party valuation firms; working with investment teams to ensure all relevant information is incorporated into valuations.
• Review and tie out of valuation templates received from third party service providers. Communicate any comments and coordinate sign off in coordination with Investment, Pricing and Fund Administration teams.
• Review legal documents to determine rights associated with new securities purchased.
• Prepare materials to be provided to the Valuation Committee and presenting findings to Pricing Committees and other management as necessary.
• Liaison with independent auditors. Provide support for valuations and answer questions as necessary in a controlled and efficient manner.
• Perform a review of fair value reporting provided by underlying managers and Co-Investment sponsors.
• Operate as part of a global team.
• Bachelor’s degree is required, with preference to Accounting or Finance.
• 2 to 5 years relevant experience, private investment valuation experience preferred.
• Solid understanding of ASC 820 and IFRS 13, familiarity with PWERM, OPM, and Current Value valuation techniques preferred.
• Experience building, testing and implementing valuation models.
• Natural team player able to work in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with agile critical thinking and a problem solving mindset.
• Ability to quickly learn the intricacies of complex financial instruments.
• Working knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters, Interactive Data and MS Office Suite as well as SQL, Unix commands, PERL, etc. is an advantage.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #