Cloud Data Software Engineer, Retirement Solutions, Associate
Technology BudapestBudapest, Requisition #: R191874
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
At BlackRock, we are looking for software engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. You are looking for a firm that recognizes strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have a unique responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well being.
This role is part of the newly formed global Aladdin Wealth Tech group at BlackRock. BlackRock’s Aladdin Wealth Tech Group’s core mission is to accelerate our efforts to deepen our relationships with wealth management partners through technology and data science. Our digital products – including Advisor Center, iRetire, FutureAdvisor, and our partners iCapital and Scalable Capital – are reaching tens of thousands financial advisors and millions of end investors. We view our Aladdin Wealth Tech group as central to BlackRock’s future and as a strategic asset to transform the Wealth management industry.
Join a newly formed team of ambitious cloud software engineers to design, build and continually improve a retirement and financial planning platform. Security, data privacy and system resiliency is a priority; therefore this needs to be integral to the design and architecture. This platform will exist natively in the cloud; therefore, this role also requires someone who has experience in implementing solutions in the cloud and appreciates the implications of operating in this context e.g. the cost of compute, and when to encrypt data at rest and in transit.
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Passionate about building quality software and scaling technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- Skilled in the Java programming language
- Someone who has knowledge of secure engineering principles, privacy and compliance law, and standards (e.g. OWASP, ISO, ISF, NIST)
- Able select the right tools for a given scenario, such as knowing when to use a relational versus a non-relational database, or in memory database versus a caching framework
- An engineer who has delivered cloud native software on either a major cloud platform or on a comparable on-prem infrastructure.
- A firm believer in the necessity to build in non-functional requirements to ensure enterprise grade quality
- Excited about building software that serves a broad range of clients including end users and developers
- Passion for modern software development lifecycle practices and concepts including Agile, cloud native, continuous integration & delivery
- An advocate of the devops culture to ensure that enterprise scale software can be built and maintained.
- Always open to learn new technologies to support the current project requirements
- Not afraid to experiment with new technologies and discover new ways of doing things
- Comfortable streamlining the learning process and failing fast to focus on lessons learnt through experimentation
- Passionate about building tools and an ecosystem that you and other developers love to use and build upon
- Interested in working with different client development teams to meet their requirements
- Capable of building and prioritising feature pipelines of work to deliver on an iterative basis
- Passionate about technology, and love to solve complex problems
- Building solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 organizations who leverage our technology
- Developing in Java, Angular, Cassandra, Solr, Docker, Kubernetes, and a whole host of languages and many other open source technologies
- Leveraging cloud technology including compute, API gateway, devops, and identity management platform as a service offerings.
- Committed to open source, and contributing back to the community
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on incremental innovation
- Committed to using the latest technologies and standards to maximize interoperability with our clients and partners
You might have:
- A familiar understanding of the Microsoft Azure PaaS and IaaS offerings.
- A good understanding of the retirement defined contribution domain
- Knowledge about BlackRock’s retirement products
Want to learn more?
For 30 years, to drive innovation, BlackRock has bought great minds together. From the very beginning technology was leveraged for insight and efficiency to help our businesses better understand their client’s objectives. Again, BlackRock is accelerating innovation and technology; this is why BlackRock is looking for people with a passion for technology and a love of solving complex problems to join their teams.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.