Analyst, Corporate Tax
Finance HaryanaGurgaon, Requisition #: R191717
About this role
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At Dec 31, 2018, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.976 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Ensure that BlackRock’s operational and administrative reporting for U.S. tax compliance and U.S. tax provision purposes, of all BlackRock U.S and Non-US investments are met. Ensure coordination and flow of investment information (corporate and partnership) for purposes of completing book to tax reconciliations and other tax provision requirements for BlackRock, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Complete other tax provision, compliance and research, including assisting with special projects in support of corporate tax goals and objectives as directed by the Finance Corporate Tax Vice President.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of inclusions from all investments and sources such as Schedule K-1s (Partner’s Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.) received for U.S. tax reporting and tracking of U.S. and Non-U.S. Partnership investments in which BlackRock holds a partnership interest.
- Develop and maintain U.S. tax basis analysis, investment by investment (such as REMICs, REITs, PFICs) to determine, return of investment (return of capital), gain or loss on disposition and or sale of an investment, and deductibility of investment losses.
- Establish reporting templates for the calculations of monthly, quarterly and annual tax provision reporting.
- Have a general understanding of flow through items of income, expense, gains, losses and credits. Reconcile book basis and tax basis of all investments.
- Working with the tax teams in New York on ad-hoc tax projects.
- Driving process improvements & implementing efficient controls.
- Must have good exposure to investments such as Partnerships, REMICS, REITS, PFICs, preparing and reviewing tax basis analysis, reconciliation of book to tax basis of aforementioned investments. Should have worked on medium to large consolidated federal tax returns. Will be an added advantage if exposure on equity method of accounting and carried interest accounting.
- Must have strong legal research and writing skills, and must be prepared to present evidence of same during interview process.
- Must have advanced computer skills, and be familiar with Microsoft business applications, and other tax and financial applications. Experience with corporate tax preparation and partnership tax accounting software will be considered a plus.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, and must be developing organizational and supervisory skills.
Required Education, Training and Licenses:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with emphasis in accounting, finance and tax. Candidates who have initiated or completed the process of obtaining an advanced degree in one of these fields will be given a preference in the interview process.
A minimum of three to six years of significant tax experience in public accounting firm or industry position with exposure on the taxation of US corporations, partnerships, state tax requirements and issues, international tax requirements and issues, and similar tax concepts. A general accounting background with experience in accounting principles and procedures will be a positive consideration.
Maintenance of technical proficiency on all matters of corporate income taxation, and the development of a solid technical understanding of matters of partnership, and state and local provision, is highly important to the successful performance of this job. While some of these technical tax skills can be learned on the job, general understanding of tax principles, and their impact on business decisions, is a preferred pre-requisite for this position.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.