Technology Support Associate – GUR
Technology HaryanaGurgaon, Requisition #: R191558
About this role
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s Technology Enterprise services department is responsible for the Digital Workplace, Technology Infrastructure, Information Security, Enterprise Security, Real Estate, Data Operations Engineering, Process Automation and the Artificial Intelligence Labs. The Process automation center of excellence team is a newly formed, collaborative, multi-disciplinary team. We are bringing creative and innovative process automation solutions to the firm and growing rapidly. Our objective is to provide automation at scale and we have a “roll up our sleeves” attitude. We are in “start-up mode” and we often wear many hats to achieve our delivery goals.
Brief Role Descriptions:
The Process Automation team is looking to hire someone who can help us in the journey of Automation @ BlackRock. The primary role and responsibility is to administer backend infrastructure of various system & automation tools. These tools include but are limited to Windows, Unix, VMware, Data extractors, Java / Python, PowerShell scripts, SQL DB etc. The tools we currently support are Blue Prism RPA, Amelia: Cognitive Agent, Abbyy OCR. The role requires the ability to use sound problem-solving skills to determine the root cause of issues customers are facing and wherever required, follow-up with vendors to bring issues to logical conclusions. The role also requires the ability to stay current on the latest technology, work independently and take initiative and create and maintain internal documentation. To be successful in this role, you must have a customer first attitude and be able to build and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with stake holders to drive customer, team and organizational goals and objectives.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in supporting Windows & Unix operating systems both virtual (VMware) and physical.
- Proven understanding of Windows systems administration with a working knowledge of process management, network configuration (VLANs), shell scripting, logging, protocols like HTTPS, FTP, SCP, LDAP, etc.
- Experience setting up and supporting automation tools that do Robotic Processing Automation, chat bots and Business Process Management, and OCR. Experience with Blue Prism & IPSoft Amelia will be added advantage.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills, with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize across multiple projects and assignments. Must be able to deliver and meet timelines in a fast-paced follow-the-sun support model.
- Strong data analysis and demonstrated problem-solving capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work well on a team and with external vendors, while at the same time being able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A student of technology that stays abreast of new and emerging tools that have the potential to positively transform our automation processes/tools.
- Clear oral and written communicator, able to articulate and present technical information to both a technical and a non-technical audience.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.