BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That’s why investors of all kinds have made us the world’s largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it’s why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
About this role
The EMEA Product Tax Team is providing tax advice to all of BlackRock’s businesses and overseeing tax compliance for BlackRock’s products in EMEA. The team oversees multiple investment fund platforms and acts as the internal tax advisor for BlackRock, assessing the tax position of our investments, investment funds and clients. Day to day interaction with internal stakeholders as well as clients, advisors, fund administrators and tax authorities is a key component. In addition, the team is responsible for managing tax-driven changes to our internal and external processes as well as products.
The position will reside within the Product Tax Team and is based in either Frankfurt or London. The key function is to provide tax support to the various European businesses and platforms (excluding UK) in relation to retail investment funds and UCITS and to support the product tax risk management function. The successful candidate should have a EU tax background, for example from France or Italy. The position will be reporting to the team head responsible for European countries, clients and platforms as well as tax risk.
- Performing technical research and analysis related to tax issues and legislative changes affecting investment funds and BlackRock’s clients
- Designing, implementing and continually improving procedures to facilitate pro-active identification and resolution of tax issues
- Liaising with clients and external tax advisors in multiple European jurisdictions
- Ensuring that an effective tax support model is provided to different client businesses
- Ensuring effective controls and processes are in place to identify and manage product tax risk
- Understanding tax risk and supporting global product tax risk management function across businesses and platforms
- Working closely with other teams within BlackRock and external service providers e.g. sales, client services, marketing, transfer agency, fund accounting, financial reporting, product teams, capital markets, internal and external legal counsel, auditors as well as tax authorities
- Communicating complex tax technical issues to senior management and other internal and external stakeholders
- Risk management and digital mindset
- Demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills and strategic and creative thinking
- Experience with financial markets, working knowledge of the asset management and financial services industry
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and abilities to run a project from inception to delivery
- Flexibility to navigate across various technologies and expert Excel skills
- Fluent English and in addition fluency in a language of a EU country is a prerequisite
- Analytic ability to interpret data for strategic decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, teamwork and relationship-building skills
- Collaborative, team-oriented, service-oriented
- Tax qualification, preferably obtained in a European jurisdiction (e.g. Italy, France or Germany)
- Accounting, business, legal or similar degree
- Good knowledge of fund structures and UCITS products
- Strong academic record
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
Our teams deliver timely, accurate and insightful financial information and analysis. We also provide thought leadership across BlackRock’s rigorous control and risk management environment to enhance decision making, optimize resource allocation and help achieve business objectives.