GCO Associate/Vice President
Investment Professionals EnglandLondon,
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
We are looking to hire a Associate / Vice President to join our growing opportunistic credit investing team in London. Prospective hire will be responsible for underwriting credit investments in both the primary and secondary market. Portfolios are managed based on rigorous bottoms-up research and top-down hedging and dynamic asset allocation. New hire will report directly to the Portfolio Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform fundamental analysis on potential investment opportunities including detailed company, asset level and industry research to determine valuation
- Produce quality investment memorandums to allow the portfolio manager and investment committee to make investment decisions
- Review and coordinate drafting of credit and other investment documents
- Actively monitor portfolio investments and industry dynamics including potential board involvement
- Flexibility to look at proprietary origination as well as secondary trading opportunities
- Ability to develop differentiated investment views from Street consensus and push conviction or contrarian viewpoints.
- Ability to develop long-term, well researched theses on credits or sectors through stand-alone independent research regardless of market consensus.
Required Experience Level:
- Candidate ideally possesses 7 to 10 years of finance experience with at least 3 to 5 years of experience in an investing role at a hedge fund, private equity fund, direct lending fund or active proprietary trading desk
- Self-motivated with ability to operate with modest oversight.
- Experience investing into complexity, both event- or catalyst-driven, deep value, stressed and/or distressed strategies. Bankruptcy-related investing experience will be viewed positively.
- Candidate must be comfortable leading diligence meetings with senior management teams, industry sources, sell-side analysts, and other professionals involved in leveraged finance markets.
- Candidates must be able to grow into role of presenting investment ideas to third-party/LP relationships.
- Experience with creditor committees will be viewed positively.
- Candidate must be able to work in collegial, team-oriented environment.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.