Director/ Managing Director, Portfolio Manager- Emerging Markets Latin America
Investment Professionals NYNew York, ,
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock Fundamental Equity
Fundamental Equity investment professionals manage portfolios from global offices including Princeton, Boston, Philadelphia, London, Edinburgh, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Tokyo, Taipei, Mumbai and Shanghai. Our portfolio managers employ multiple investment philosophies to manage their portfolios across a number of different styles, geographies and capitalization ranges. We believe that the best performance is delivered by tightly knit, focused and accountable teams, and that the best investment decisions result from integrating research with portfolio management. We believe that there are inefficiencies in stock markets which can be identified and exploited by proprietary fundamental research, and that quantitative analytics enable risk-efficient portfolio construction.
BlackRock’s GEMS Fundamental Equity (FE) team is seeking Latin America Portfolio Manager with primary responsibility for co-managing Latin America long-only portfolios, reviewing insights and investment recommendations for portfolios and contributing to stock/sector coverage for Latin American equities. The successful individual will be a key member of the Global Emerging Markets team and will also be responsible for identifying, and communicating, the investment implications and individual stock/sector recommendations targeting long-only, long-short and equity income products to the Global Emerging Market equities team.
- Co-lead construction and oversight of Latin America equity investment portfolios working alongside the senior members of the Fundamental Active Equity team
- Undertake day to day portfolio management responsibilities of Latin America equity portfolios
- Assume direct stock and sector coverage responsibility and provide investment recommendations to other investment professionals within the GEM equities team.
- Provide macro-economic views and insights as well as opinions on the outlook for Latin America equities and key and pertinent market drivers from top-down and bottom-up perspectives.
- Operate as part of the team utilizing best practices in terms of philosophy and process while contributing to evolution and development.
- Contribute to the broader alpha generation of the team through the provision of relevant and insightful comments on drivers for GEM stocks.
- Build partnership and strong working relationship with the analysts and portfolio managers in the region.
- Mentoring junior members on the GEM equities team
- Partner with local and global research analysts to receive investment ideas for implementation into portfolios
- Partner closely with the global equity teams in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia to build close working rapport.
- Serve as a resource for, and share information with, other investment professionals at BlackRock.
- Work with client businesses to market portfolios managed to support business growth
- Be an ambassador for the GEM equity team.
- Minimum 8 years Latin America equity market portfolio management experience
- Proven portfolio management skills and strong performance track record
- Proven research and analytical capabilities in Latin American equities
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to navigate complex organizations
- Well organized and disciplined
- Effective team player and management experience will be a plus
- Conscientious with attention to detail
- Portuguese and Spanish language skills strongly preferred
- CFA and/or post graduate degree preferred
- Practical knowledge of derivatives preferred
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.