Client Order Management Associate
Investments Operations ScotlandEdinburgh,
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Technology & Operations
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The Client Order Management (COM) Team serves as a central point of contact for our global clients and internal departments who wish to instruct investment changes. We are responsible for receiving, coordinating and facilitating client trade instructions into/from BLK funds including client query management. The team supports the client through the investment process, from notification to settlement, in close coordination with internal BLK groups and external third parties. The COM team is tasked with ensuring that order placement is accurate and consistent through an optimal and efficient operating model. COM leverages Aladdin technology to provide first class client service via emails and telephone, assisting with any ad-hoc client requests.
Having industry experience, the COM Associate will be expected to undertake a wide range of functions predominantly within the client order processing space, Aladdin dashboard and client service activities. In placing emphasis on risk and quality control, the Associate will contribute to strengthening COM’s Client Service Excellence Role standards offering, through challenging and volunteering solutions. In addition to providing flexible support within the team, contribution to projects will also be expected.
• Able to meet deadlines, functioning effectively and prioritising multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Able to work independently on assigned tasks and assume additional responsibilities with minimal guidance.
• Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, deliverables are accurate and competently prepared.
• Demonstrate a desire to develop skills, working with your team and manager to expand your expertise.
• You are confident in volunteering solutions, provide guidance to less experienced team members.
• Deliver a superior client experience via query management and onboarding for clients, consultants and third party administrators.
• Possess a positive ‘get the job done’ attitude, displaying a flexible approach to an ever changing environment.
• Thrive in a culture of excellence, innovation, communication and accountability, where all members of the team are motivated to go above and beyond, think globally and outside the box
• Demonstrate capability to achieve high proficiency in the core systems plus aptitude for learning new applications.
• Actively contribute to the success of projects executed within the team.
• Understand end to end client support processes with the ability to analyze trends in queries to help constantly improve service and client deliverables
• Able to exercise sound judgment and facing off with stakeholders at all levels
• Serve as a contact for clients / agents for communication of investment instructions
• Demonstrated analytical ability, maturity and judgment in dealing with clients
• Ability to interact confidently with internal partners
• Ability to enlist the support and expertise of others within the team as needed
• Ability to initiate changes with external and internal team members
• Understand, operate within and adhere to internal team and BLK policies/ procedures.
• Demonstrate that processes are followed accurately, methodical and conscientious approach to tasks.
• Understand and be able to articulate the risks associated with responsibilities, suggest approaches to mitigate risk. Escalate issues as appropriate at the earliest opportunity.
• Demonstrate the ability to balance client needs with BLK’s policies and operational procedures whilst managing expectation of clients
• Take responsibility for completing work, seek ways to improve processes/system
• Have a personal commitment to get the job done, take pride in what you do and how you perform.
• Models Service Excellence showing excellent communication through professional telephone/email etiquette and interpersonal skills.
• Possess time management and prioritisation skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Highly proficient on industry standard software (e.g. Microsoft Office)
• Previous experience in query handling and client servicing a distinct advantage
• Understands and seeks to embody BLK’s values
• An investment professional with a strong understanding of investment management operations and your role within BLK’s business
• Able to provide and receive feedback constructively
• Flexible and open to accepting new challenges
• Able to work effectively with others in a team environment with diverse approaches and thinking styles.
• Professional experience after graduation and/or equivalent experience in a related field
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.