FMG Security Analytics Infrastructure – Associate
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
FMG Security Analytics Infrastructure Associate – Budapest
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services too institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organisation is to create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer the excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work, and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast-paced work environment located in cutting-edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
Who We Are
The Financial Modelling Group (FMG) is responsible for the research and development of financial models underpinning the risk management analytics produced at BlackRock. The group also contributes to the infrastructure and software responsible for the production of analytics and the delivery of analytic content to portfolio and risk management professionals both within and outside BlackRock. Given the diversity of business objectives among BlackRock Solutions (BRS) clients and within BlackRock itself the models developed and supported by FMG span a wide array of financial products, ranging from equity to fixed income to derivatives. In addition, members of FMG seek to provide analysis and insight on many different levels from analysis of the cash flows of a single bond to the overall financial risk associated with an entire portfolio, enterprise or balance sheet.
FMG Core is a small, close-knit team with a collegiate culture that values openness, creativity and an attention to detail bordering on the fanatical. Engineering is more technology-oriented and focuses on making the analytics accessible to all clients via various technical means.
What You Will Be Doing
- Development: All members of the team are expected to code. You will maintain and improve a business-critical C++ software responsible for pricing and risk calculation of several asset classes throughout the firm.
- Modelling: Develop models to expand our coverage of derivatives for a variety of asset classes. Enhance existing models. Work with the rest of the global team to deliver the models to clients. Keep abreast of recent trends in quantitative finance, capital markets and regulation.
- Analytical Support: Participate in meetings and calls with both internal and external clients in support of the BlackRock Solutions business
- One BlackRock: Collaborate with and learn from colleagues in New York, London, San Francisco and Gurgaon. Get exposure to the state of the practice as well as to cutting-edge academic research through regular colloquia.
For our Associate level role, you should have:
- An Advanced Degree in a Mathematics or Computer Science or a Quantitative Field. However, work experience of these topics matters more than formal qualifications.
- 3-5 years of work experience of C++. Exposure to teamwork with many people contributing to the same codebase.
- A Sense of Humor: We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and hopefully neither do you.
- Excellent Communication Skills: You will be expected to explain complex concepts to non-technical people in simple, intuitive terms.
- An Analytical Cast of Mind: Whether you have a PhD in Physics or merely read math books for fun – we have both types on the team – a keen interest in solving analytical problems is key. Have a methodical way of solving algorithmic or technical problems.
- Some exposure to other languages, like Java, Python, Scala or R. Experience with interwork between software components in different languages is a plus.
- Work experience with (fixed income, derivative, FX, equity) pricing and risk models is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Experience with high performance code, multithreading, and implementing network services is a plus.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.