Associate, Relationship Manager
Sales & Relationship Management NYNew York, , Requisition #: R184410
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Within the Client Businesses Group, we pride ourselves on creating, communicating, and delivering investment solutions for clients worldwide. We have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that make this effort successful and sustainable, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and management. The Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with sophisticated taxable institutional investors worldwide. The group is one of the industry’s largest managers of insurance company assets, and our insurance practice is a strategic focus of the firm.
- Coordinating day-to-day delivery of BlackRock’s asset management and associated services, including:
- Accurate and timely client reporting
- Preparation for and participation in client market and portfolio reviews
- Design, ownership, and delivery of complex and/or ad hoc client requests
- Managing portfolio compliance to client guidelines
- Engaging BlackRock’s capabilities and organization on behalf of our clients
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with insurance and other taxable senior client counterparts, including:
- Anticipating client needs and prompt responses to client inquiries
- Cultivating an awareness of client specific investment and operational priorities and sensitivities
- Developing expertise in our client’s industry dynamics and trend as well as their specific positioning
- Learning fundamentals of insurance financial statements, regulatory and accounting trends
- Supporting new business and product development, including:
- Supporting account plan development and execution for current clients to expand relationships
- Developing knowledge of BlackRock products and services
- Initiating and designing client specific solutions
- Supporting implementation, including account set up, guideline development and establishing service needs
Skills and Qualifications – Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to think proactively and anticipate needs, issues
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Experience in contributing to high quality client service
- Knowledge of fixed income markets and instruments
- Knowledge of insurance investing and institutional clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- CFA Level I or more a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration, including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.