Python / Java / MATLAB – Quantitative Developer
Technology CASan Francisco, ,
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Alpha Gen Technology group (AGT) helps BlackRock investment teams deliver market leading performance (alpha) to their clients. We work closely with investment researchers to develop predictive signals and strategies that are traded on BlackRock hedge funds and other active portfolios. The services we provide range from: quantitative library development, model engineering, alpha platform development and investment technology R&D. We are a global team with people based in London, Budapest, Mumbai, San Francisco and Sydney. AGT forms a key part of the Investment Systems, Aladdin Product Group. AGT’s Investment partners include Active Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset Strategies, and the Risk and Quantitative Analytics Team.
As a team, we nurture and develop a culture that is:
- Quantitative: You love applying mathematics, software engineering and new technology to solve complex problems
- Curious: You like to learn new things and have a healthy disrespect for status quo
- Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
- Brave: You are willing to get outside your comfort zone
- Passionate: You feel personal ownership of your work, and strive to be better
- Open: You value and respect input from others
Quant Developers work closely with Researchers and Portfolio Managers in BlackRock to develop research ideas and strategies into production engineered models, ready for investment. They are involved in the full lifecycle of the investment process including model analysis, development, implementation, tuning, production support and maintenance.
- Developing high quality investment models and quantitative libraries
- Extending and enhancing our alpha gen platform
- Providing researchers with technical advice and guidance on our systems
- Maintenance, tuning and support of production models
- Identifying and prototyping new alpha-enabling technology
You will learn on the Job:
- A deep understanding of hedge fund strategies and signals that drive them
- Aladdin – the investment platform used to manage >$15 Trillion of the global assets.
- Machine learning and data science technology and how to apply these to alpha generation
We value post-graduate degree holders, but we also like individuals with equivalent commercial experience.
So, if you have a good mix of the skills below we would love to hear from you:
- Expert coding skills in either Python, Java or MATLAB. You’ll learn more on the job
- A deep software engineering mind set. This includes practices such as agile, test automation, object oriented design, design patterns, release management
- Ability to apply mathematics, machine learning or quantitative analysis to solve complex problems and deliver innovative solutions
- A genuine curiosity and appetite to learn: equities, fixed income, derivatives, hedge funds or investment risk.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.