About this role
BlackRock is changing the way the financial services sector talks to its audiences. To help do this, we are recruiting into our talented internal creative agency in Atlanta. Part of a wider 30+ strong Global Creative team, (Winner of Creative pool award “Brand team of the year 2023”), we are responsible for creating category-leading, purpose-based marketing communications and design work, helping redefine marketing in the FinTech industry.
BlackRock helps millions of people and the world’s largest institutions, and governments reach their investing goals. We challenge businesses to reach higher standards by leading with purpose and promoting practices that support long-term value creation.
Being a part of BlackRock means being a part of a community of smart, ambitious people who are tackling some of the world’s most complex financial challenges. And our founder-led culture has maintained its entrepreneurial feel — we work hard, we work fast, and we work with purpose.
At BlackRock, we recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
THE ROLE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- A genuine opportunity for a talented designer and illustrator who can visualize complex concepts and information into clear and effective solutions.
- The ability to brainstorm with the team to come up with creative ideas for illustrations or any other conceptual work.
- Candidate should be able to execute on-brand illustrations that capture ideas based on briefs or sketched ideas.
- Confidently present your ideas to the team and fearlessly sway them to (sometimes uncomfortable) new heights. You must be persuasive, articulate, and self-confident.
- As part of a global creative team, collaborate closely with account managers, designers, art directors and copy writers, as well as marketing colleagues and senior execs globally.
- Act as a key ambassador for the brand, ensuring continuity across your output.
- Ability to immerse yourself quickly in new brands and create empathy through creative output.
- Be able to build, cultivate relationships and work within a fast-paced environment with demanding business partners.
- Our workplace promotes a strong culture of collaboration, which means you'll be required to be in the office four days a week. On the fifth day, you have the option to work from home on any day of your choice.
- The role is in Atlanta, situated across the Beltline from Ponce City Market.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Exceptional portfolio of work.
- Minimum 5 years’ design experience.
- Exceptional illustration and retouching skills.
- Expert eye for design, color, and composition.
- Strong conceptual and artistic skills.
- Excellent typesetting and graphic skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, without compromising deadlines.
- Strong team player, who can also take the initiative and work independently with little or no supervision.
- Financial Services knowledge an advantage but not pre-requisite.
- Dynamic and driven collaborator.
- Innovative and creative in approach.
- No fear of deadlines and a calm, cheerful, can-do demeanor under pressure.
- First class interpersonal and communication skills.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.