About this role
Please submit CVs in English
Your role and impact:
BlackRock’s Financing business handles over $165 billion of gross notional exposure globally. With diverse balances spread across US and non-US fixed income, BlackRock is on the forefront of market developments. With a focus on cutting edge technology and imbedded research, our investment management approach to lending provides superior performance for our clients and is an important part of the BlackRock brand. In this fast paced and dynamic environment, BlackRock is a pioneer of using sophisticated tools combined with fundamental insights from traders to enhance the performance of its program.
Within Global Trading, we are seeking a Repo trader based in Mexico City. Our traders have a critical role in relation to alpha generation and cost minimization for scientific, fundamental and active products. They partner with portfolio managers to optimize returns through a variety of trade types. Traders represent the firm for a selective group of markets or asset classes, are the primary owner of BlackRock’s interface with top tier prime brokerage firms and counterparties and offer the premier securities finance product in the market today.
- Daily trading and strategy input for the Mexico Repo book, handling repo across multiple funds, including Multi Assets, Fixed Income, Money Market and Equity mutual funds, separate managed accounts.
- Trading local currency Government Bonds, Sovereign and Credit fixed income securities across multiple platforms, handling daily risk exposures with strong attention to detail
- Drive our counterparty relationships and expand existing relationships.
- Play an active role within the investment process, delivering a high level of service to portfolio managers across the business by providing market color, daily locates and assistance for repo to the investment side of the business.
- Analyze book performance and market trends daily, providing commentary to management and PM teams.
- Utilization of skills to improve trading performance, looking for efficiencies to build best in class quantitative and technological solutions.
- Forward thinking active trading ability is a must, with outstanding people and relationship management skills equally as meaningful.
- Open communication and negotiation skills
- BA in Finance or similar 4 year degree
- AMIB Figure 3 required
- AMIB Figure 5 preferred.
- Knowledge of local Mutual Funds Regulation (CUFI),
- 2+ years of professional trading experience and/or knowledge of Aladdin trading platform preferred but not required
- Advanced experience with Excel and other technical abilities preferred (Python, SQL, VBA, Business Objects) – will give equal consideration to candidates without expertise but with a competence and desire to become proficient. Python programming is a major advantage.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity in financial markets, an appetite for consistent learning is a must, experience and/or knowledge of Fixed Income markets is helpful.
- Problem solver, comfortable taking initiative, and able to work both independently and within a team in an environment that is dynamically changing.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.