About this role
BlackRock’s Emerging Markets Debt Team is looking to grow its global investment team in New York.
The group is seeking an Associate to strengthen its portfolio management and sovereign credit research team. The ideal candidate must have strong interest in macroeconomics and sovereign credit research as well as willingness to work and manage databases. In addition, the role will entail junior portfolio management responsibilities, including cash management, daily risk and performance analysis as well as portfolio construction.
Knowledge of principles of fixed income valuation, discounted cash flows, financial modeling as well as basic macroeconomics are required. Interest and willingness to work with databases, including database management and delivering insights from the data are critical in this role. Candidates with previous experience in either sovereign research or fixed income portfolio management would be preferred. Previous experience in Emerging Markets is a plus, but not required; the regional focus of the role is mostly Latin America and CEEMEA. The role is dynamic and requires a candidate able to work with teammates in a collaborative environment as well as someone who is a self-starter seeking greater responsibility over time.
– Conduct macroeconomic and credit research on Emerging Market sovereigns
– Generate and present trade ideas based on fundamental & market research
– Compile, manage, maintain, improve and automatize large databases
– Understand and monitor portfolio risk, compliance and performance
– Perform day-to-day portfolio maintenance and cash management tasks across several funds
– Bachelor’s degree; CFA and/or Master is additive
– 3 to 5 years of proven experience working as a research analyst, junior portfolio manager or data analyst
– Strong knowledge of macroeconomic fundamentals, sovereign credit research and principles of bond valuation
– Proficient with data analytics and database management
– Experience in portfolio construction a plus, but not required
– Motivated, committed, detail-oriented, organized with a desire to add significant value to the firm
– Excellent verbal and written skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including knowledge of advanced functions (knowledge of VBA is not required, but will be viewed positively)
– Experience in Python, R, and SQL strongly preferred
– Spanish knowledge a plus
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $118,750 – $140,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.