About this role
About this Role
Business Unit Overview:
The Performance Measurement and Attribution (PMA) team is a part Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS) group. PMA has reputation for aligning our performance attribution solutions with the evolving needs of our clients.
- Quality attribution is a critical component to the feedback loop, and something our clients expect.
- We focus on being students of technology and drive the deployment and development of the next generation attribution and performance tools.
- We work together with a diverse group of teams to deliver performance measurement, evaluation, and attribution analysis for investment information and governance, globally.
Background and Development Value:
Are you passionate about challenging the businesses to reach higher standards? Do you want to build a foundation in performance, and learn to provide investment and technology solutions with purpose to help our clients meet their goals? Then this team is right for you! We are responsible for investment performance and attribution analyses globally across Fixed Income, Index Equity, Systematic Active Equity, and Multi-Asset strategies – one of the many benefits of being a globally located team: we see the end of one day from the EMEA region and kick of the start of another day in APAC. The team focuses on using technology and project management to improve existing processes to optimize performance content and delivery.
- Develop and interact with business partners; lead attribution analysis as an authority, and get exposure to teams globally
- Primary source of performance and system knowledge, and collaborate with external parties such as fund administrators, custodians, and various index vendors
- Build relationships with Portfolio Engineering / Management and risk specialists to provide quality attribution analysis and ex-post content
- Attribute active returns and residuals through isolation of various factors using the Aladdin platform and creatively suggest resolutions
- Partner with development teams internally and across other teams to design and implement performance solutions that drive scale and support regulatory requirements in all regions
- Navigate internal analytical systems (Aladdin), and use them to investigate internal and external client inquiries, while supporting our growing business needs
- Display integrity and confidence when interacting with different teams – ability to take ownership, and make an effort to understand the data flows and dependencies
- Understanding of Multi-Asset, Fixed Income, Equity, and Alternative investments as well as general performance principles
- Ability to analyze large data sets, including design, QC, and testing methods in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about learning new technologies, and eager to delve into attribution and performance related topics
- A positive, get the job done attitude, and are flexible to an ever-changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent; prior experience with business modeling techniques and/or attribution tools (CFA or CIPM designation a plus)
- Show strong problem-solving acumen, an ability to synthesize information, summarize issues, and take initiative
- Demonstrate an aptitude for learning technical skills to assess risks accurately
- Experience analyzing and testing securities data, including classifications, sector schemas, and some level of securities investment analysis
- Display knowledge of accounting and valuation principles; experience with performance tools and external fund administrators a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong technology skills is highly preferred, exposure to SQL, Python, and Tableau is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, who also displays strong interpersonal interactions.
- You have a sharp control/risk mitigation mentality.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.