About this role
BlackRock is one of the world’s leading asset management firms and a premier provider of investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and retail clients worldwide. BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures.
As at 31 December 2020, BlackRock’s assets under management totaled US$8.68 trillion. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The Performance Measurement & Attribution (PMA) team is member of the Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS) group within Technology & Operations. PMA delivers investment performance, analysis, oversight, and attribution across all asset classes, and is responsible for the outcome and interpretation of all portfolio and benchmark return analytics in BlackRock. This includes generating analytical outcomes, supporting investment teams through product level support, acting as a centralized source and control of performance for the firm, and building tools and automated solutions.
Servicing the needs of the global client base, the demands for accurate, timely & informative performance data is central to many of the organizational core objectives. Products covered are the spectrum of Mutual Funds, ETF’s, segregated clients and investment asset classes including Fixed Income, Multi-Asset, Equity and Alternatives.
Are you passionate about solving problems, working with a diverse team, and finding connections between the dots? We build upon a foundation in performance to provide investment and technology solutions with a purpose to help our clients and business partners meet their goals! The team levers technology and project management to improve existing processes that optimize data delivery and analysis. PMA aligns solutions to the evolving needs of our clients.
- Develop and interact with business partners; lead attribution analysis as an authority, and get exposure to teams globally;
- Primary source of performance and system knowledge, and collaborate with external parties such as fund administrators, custodians, and various index vendors;
- Build relationships with Portfolio Engineering / Management and Attribution specialists to provide quality attribution analysis and ex-post content;
- Research residuals using the Aladdin platform and creatively suggest resolutions;
- Support internal analytical systems (Aladdin), and use them to investigate internal and external client inquiries, while supporting our growing business needs;
- Display integrity and confidence when interacting with different teams – ability to take ownership, and make an effort to understand the data flows and dependencies.
- Understanding of Multi-Asset, Fixed Income and Equity instruments, and general performance principles;
- Ability to analyze large data sets, including design and testing methods in a fast-paced environment;
- Passionate about learning new technologies, and eager to delving into Aladdin attribution;
- A positive, get the job done attitude, and are flexible to an ever-changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent; prior experience with business modeling techniques and/or attribution tools (CFA or CIPM designation a plus);
- Show strong problem solving acumen, an ability to synthesize information, summarize issues, and take initiative;
- Demonstrate an aptitude for learning technical skills to assess risks accurately;
- Experience analyzing and testing securities data, including classifications, sector schemas, and some level of securities investment analysis;
- Display knowledge of accounting and pricing principles; experience with performance tools and external fund administrators a plus; SQL, Python, and VBA experience a plus.
We pride ourselves on our team dynamic, diverse approaches and thinking styles. We want an excellent communicator (verbal and written), who displays strong interpersonal interactions, and can operate in a distributed team environment. Someone with a sharp control/risk mitigation attitude, and positive get-the-job-done demeanor.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.