About this role
What team will you be on?
You will be part of the Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) Systems Development team, which is part of the wider global ETF technology team responsible for building the software systems used by our clients to buy and sell ETFs. We are building an Angular based single page web application designed to support the future growth of this high-profile business area. We are closely aligned with our Portfolio Managers and the Global Markets team to ensure we are delivering maximum value for the firm as we deliver on this multi-year transformation. We are proud of our track record of delivery while focusing heavily on software quality, scalability and automation.
Why is your role important?
ETF’s are a huge growth area and Blackrock is heavily invested in the ETF business. It is a central pillar of our goal to allow more people to experience financial wellbeing. This role is directly connected to that vision and presents a significant opportunity to have a real impact on the way we build and deliver software. You will join a small number of technically strong key individuals guiding the team and implementing our vision for future-ready, highly available systems. As a large technology organization there are great opportunities for the right individual to make a lasting impression on the team and the potential for wider impact and career progression beyond that.
What will you be doing?
- Hands on development to build our next generation ETF platform
- Work with UX designers to build easy-to-use & intuitive screens that will generate user delight
- Actively participate in the team’s agile delivery process, completing sprint tasks and writing high quality code, unit tests and automated integration tests to move features to production.
- Provide high quality technical input to team discussions on system design, seeing those efforts all the way through to final delivery.
- Continually improve code quality by providing code style and architectural input through pair programming, reviewing pull requests and team meetings.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years experience developing internet facing web applications using Angular 11 and ngRx
- Experience designing and building using API-First principles using at least one of REST/gPRC.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with an ability to pick up new concepts quickly.
- Demonstrable experience using modern software engineering tools such as git, maven, unit testing and integration testing tools, mocking frameworks.
- A willingness and ability to mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Friendly, positive and can-do attitude
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.