About this role
Web Tech Engineering
The Web Tech Engineering team is responsible for providing a solid software technology platform serving 134 public-facing websites of our company under the blackrock.com and ishares.com domains. These websites serve around 4 million individual visits per month, providing comprehensive data about our investment funds on ~100 000 so-called product pages, enable roughly 1500 updates of web content and 10000 document uploads daily, as well as provide authentication for more than 600 000 registered users globally.
As a Senior Data Developer, you will:
· Design, code, test, and support reliable, robust product data pipeline software development with high-quality standards through the whole Software Development Lifecycle
· Drive the onboarding and attribution of newly acquired data sets into our database environment; manage various aspects of the loading process; supervise attribution throughout the process and identify ways to optimize the process
· Identify, investigate, and resolve data discrepancies by finding the root cause of issues; work with partners across various multi-functional teams to prevent future occurrences
· Proactively look for opportunities to optimize the data loading structure and develop innovative approaches to improve the onboarding and integrity of the data
· Provide basic reporting and respond to inquiries asking for insights about the data sets from senior partners, in a timely fashion
· Create and execute unit tests on all solutions, work with Data analysts and QA engineers to ensure product and integrations tests are complete
· Work with the release manager, data analysts, and prod ops team to ensure solutions are well tested, production ready and well documented
· Perform code reviews and provide timely feedback to other engineers
· Be a role model, mentor the junior developers and contribute to inclusive team culture
What You'll Need:
· 5-8 years hands-on experience developing enterprise software systems
· B.E. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field of study
· Strong foundation in Java and Java-based frameworks such as Spring Boot, JEE, etc.
· Experience with relational databases in data modeling and development, with demonstrated strength in SQL
· Proficiency in building and passionate about creating great products that solve big problems
· Strong analytical skills and passion to understand existing systems
· Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to work optimally under pressure in a rapidly changing environment to meet deadlines, with outstanding time management abilities
· Experience in working both on long-term projects and iterative development cycles where constant improvement is expected
· Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy
· Professional and positive demeanor; strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
· Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas both in writing and verbally; to senior management as well as outside audiences
· Expertise working with project managers, technical leads and analysts across the software development lifecycle; understand systems requirements, design, development, testing, deployment and documentation
Nice To Have:
· Ability to lead and manage small teams
· Experience with programming in Python
· Experience with NoSQL databases (for example Cassandra, MongoDB)
· Experience building cloud-native applications, for example with Microsoft Azure
· Prior experience working in a financial services company
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.