About this role
Overview of Responsibilities
We are actively looking for an Associate for our APAC Corporate Accounting Team. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, highly analytical, and pro-active with respect to identifying and implementing process change which helps in driving increased accuracy, improved internal controls and greater efficiencies. Additionally, the candidate should be able to flourish in an extremely fast-paced and growing environment.
In this role, candidate will be responsible for corporate accounting related activities for entities in APAC region which includes month end books closing, preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, preparing monthly financial reports, controlling the master data of the general ledger, implementing appropriate accounting controls and processes. This role extends to partnering with regional teams to bring in synergies in accounting and aligning with the Global model and provide global peers with single point of contact in region. Candidate should be able to facilitates global projects on behalf of APAC.
- Perform month-end close activities including revenue & expense accruals as per USGAAP and IFRS.
- Review and analysis of income statement and balance sheet accounts and provide commentary for variance.
- Maintain fixed assets register including additions, retirements and annual physical verification.
- Review and prepares monthly reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts and substantiation of the balance.
- Supporting statutory audit by providing backups and schedules on timely basis.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders from different teams and departments.
- Provide global peers with SPOC for owned cost categories
- Facilitates global project management
- Sharing of best practices between regions
Required Education, Training and Licenses:
- Chartered Accountant / Graduate or Postgraduate in Finance
- 4-6 years of experience, preferably in financial services
- High proficiency in Oracle and Microsoft Office applications.
Required experience & skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly knowledgeable in the broad spectrum of accounting practices
- Positive attitude & willingness to continuously learn.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to consistently be attentive to detail while meeting critical deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with large volumes of data and maintain high levels of accuracy
- Strong organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge of internal controls
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.