About this role
iShares unlocks opportunity across markets to meet the evolving needs of investors. With more than twenty years of experience, a global line-up of 900+ exchange traded funds (ETFs) and $2.68 trillion in assets under management as of December 31, 2020, iShares continues to drive progress for the financial industry. iShares' funds are powered by the expert portfolio and risk management of BlackRock, trusted to lead more money than any other investment firm.
About the role
The VP of Partnership Development will support growth efforts across the self-directed investment platform market in the US. The role will support initiating and cultivating partnerships with platforms. The position is crucial to completing and scaling BlackRock’s growth initiatives across the market.
The role will partner closely with the partnership marketing team and relationship managers for key direct digital platforms to grow relationships and uncover business opportunities. Additionally, the individual will work in tandem with teams across functions to continually develop BlackRock and iShares solutions, products, and services for digital financial platforms.
This role will work closely with the broader US iShares Marketing and Product Strategy functions. The role is based in New York or San Francisco and reports into iShares’ Head Partnership Development.
The ideal candidate will have strong understanding of the US self-directed investment market and various platform business models (e.g. online discount brokers, traditional bank-connected platforms, robo-advisors) and is a strong communicator with experience making pitches to and developing relationships with executives.
- Support broader partnerships through account management and uncovering opportunities across the landscape and helping secure future partnerships
- Deep curiosity about US direct market trends, emerging businesses, and investing platforms with experience in consumer finance or FinTech space
- Support BlackRock relationship managers to improve engagement with existing direct platform partners
- Support and partner with BlackRock’s marketing, technology, product, and consulting service teams improve products and services crafted for direct platforms
- Communicate BlackRock’s value proposition for direct market intermediaries internally and externally
- Support rapidly growing relationships into the broader digital financial services ecosystem
- Coordinate and structure internal relationship reviews for focus direct platforms
Skills & Experience Required
- 5+ years’ experience in the financial services sector, preferably working at or with multiple US direct platforms, consumer finance or FinTech
- Strong understanding of the US asset management and wealth management space including retail investment products, advice offerings, and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven track record to collaborate across functions, specifically with marketing and technology functions, and influence without direct authority
- Account management, partnership development and / or sales experience strongly preferred
- Project management experience is a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.