About this role
Team & Role Overview
BlackRock is seeking a Vice President to join the Firm-wide Planning, Reporting & Analytics Team within FP&A with a focus on firmwide reporting, budgeting, planning, and analytics. The FPR&A team works closely with broader FP&A, Human Resources, Investor Relations, Treasury, Tax, Controllers, Corporate Strategy and Corporate Development teams to provide total firm management reporting, analytics and decision support to the CFO, COO, and other Senior Management. The team also coordinates and manages all Firm-wide financial processes across areas of planning, forecasting and analytics including Board of directors and business review presentations.
This highly visible role will be responsible for managing a team tasked with the firmwide reporting, forecasting, and analytics for the senior management of BlackRock. This individual will lead by example with the ability to build strong partnerships, deliver insightful analytics and drive results. Candidates should possess strong analytical skills and be able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the firmwide recurring and ad-hoc management reporting processes as well as partner on month-end close process with Controllers and business partner teams
- Lead and coordinate timelines, key deliverables, and analytics across FP&A as well as with other corporate partners including HR, Treasury, Tax, Strategy, etc.
- Develop insightful presentation materials for senior management reviews aimed at facilitating decision-making and business performance assessments.
- Partner closely with other Finance partners and broader FP&A to ensure accurate forecasts, tracking and insightful analytics throughout the year
- Act as subject matter expert for consolidated Firm-wide BlackRock P&L in support of various financials analyses and firmwide updates to senior leaders. Including, but not limited to Board of Directors presentations, quarterly earnings, business reviews, CFO decision support on a recurring and ad-hoc basis.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve and optimize reporting and analytics
- Lead projects independently and through cross functional partnering on analyses with various stakeholders.
- Assist with policy, controls and governance decisions and enhancements.
- Partner closely across Finance (Controllers, Tax, Investor Relations, Treasury, Corporate Development), FP&A, and with other key corporate partners including COO, HR and Corporate Strategy.
- BS/BA in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline with record of strong achievement.
- MBA, CFA, CPA or other advanced degree or certification preferred
- Extensive experience with management reporting, planning, forecasting, and analytics preferably in the financial services industry; experience with consolidation a plus
- Strong people manager with ability to prioritize and deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple internal customer demands
- Proven track record of strong performance with increasing levels of scope and responsibility
- Proven experience with process improvement, ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and highly analytical mindset.
- Excellent communication skills, both in written form and verbally to key stakeholders
- Exceptional Excel skills required; experience with IBM Cognos TM1 skills a plus
- Strong organizational, planning, quantitative modeling, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
- Focused attention on detail and high standards for quality, driving efficiency and accuracy in their work product
- Desire to work in a high-energy / impact environment with a dedicated commitment to excellence
- Collaborative, team-oriented, service-oriented, solutions-oriented
- Professional, positive demeanor with a strong work ethic and integrity
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.