About this role
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, is the Aladdin Product Group (APG), the team responsible for designing, building and operating Aladdin. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry’s thought leaders to build innovative and next generation products that shape the financial markets. We are 1,400 strong and we eat, live and breathe tech.
Job Purpose/ Background
As an Equity Trading Product Manager, you will be focused on aligning product strategy and delivery for Aladdin’s trading product offering for our equity trading tools. Aladdin’s Trading product suite is global and multi-asset, with specialized functionality for each asset class. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with the lead Equity Product Manager and Engineering lead to define, manage, and execute on our product vision to create best-in-class order management and execution capabilities.
As a Product Manager, you’ll be closely connected with the marketplace, our client community, and BlackRock business strategy to drive product direction. Sitting at the intersection of business and technology, Product Managers work closely with Aladdin developers and other stakeholders to innovate, conceptualize, design and pilot new capabilities to simplify our clients’ business problems
- Define and own the product story and roadmap for Aladdin’s equity trading product
- Be a market structure expert – stay attuned and be ahead of industry, market, and technology trends to create opportunities for BlackRock and better serve our clients
- Serve as a resource to internal and external clients with regard to our capabilities in the context of their business
- Partner with developers through the development process; incorporate user feedback
- Be metrics driven. Track and measure usage and feedback to inform product strategy
Experience / Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience working in buy side or sell side investment technology
- Strong comprehension of equity trading workflows, analytics, and trade automation
- Strong engagement in the equity trading industry landscape, market and technology trends
- Understanding of front, middle, and back office integration touch points
- Understanding of product and software development lifecycles
- Experience with agile development practices
- Experience creating a product roadmap, writing business and technical specifications, executing on product deliverables
- Experience interacting with product stakeholders, including end users and software developers
- Understanding of trading system architectures and core components
- Ability to work well with technical and non-technical partners
- Reputation of building trusting relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down the organization
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and planning skills
- Ability to work and deliver results independently, self-starter
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.