About this role
Financial Markets Advisory Vice President (External Relationship Management)
About this role
The Financial Markets Advisory business delivers a range of advisory services including sustainability, capital markets, portfolio construction and data & analytics solutions to official sector and financial institution clients globally, including banks and insurance companies. We support our clients on their most critical and complex financial issues – from managing the low carbon transition of the economy and financial sector, to unwinding portfolios of assets, to crafting and executing bond purchase programs to support the economy.
We leverage the firm’s sophisticated sustainability, capital markets, data & analytics and technology capabilities, to deliver impact-oriented advisory services, while maintaining an information barrier from the rest of the firm.
Since our founding, we have completed assignments for more than 280 clients in 37 countries. Our professionals work out of all three BlackRock regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC), allowing us to serve clients in all locations and respond to their needs as they arise.
We are looking to recruit several Vice President and Associate level professionals to join the team based in London, Zurich and Milan.
In this role you will partner with:
- Externally: you will engage with financial institutions, regulators, central banks and governments, providing advisory services to institutions in both the public and private sector
- Internally: you will leverage BlackRock’s unparalleled capabilities across Sustainable Investing, Capital Markets, Aladdin (incl. Aladdin Climate), and Research functions
- Enforce BlackRock’s fiduciary culture of providing the highest quality service and work product to our clients
- Direct and manage large, multi-disciplinary project teams incorporating teams of subject matter experts, data and analytical experts, researchers, and generalists
- Lead engagement design and planning by serving as the central point of contact for each project, defining deliverable structure and content, and developing timelines
- Serve as the primary liaison for day-to-day interactions with clients, including executive-level stakeholders
- Play a hands-on role in client project execution by creating content, performing quantitative analysis, serving as a thought leader and providing solutions-based advice for our clients
- Actively contribute to business development and relationship management, working alongside the broader team to conceive, develop, and market innovative solutions for new and existing clients
- Act as a mentor and coach to junior staff, providing guidance on project work
Key skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 5-7 years related experience in consulting (incl. for financial institutions), financial services or other relevant fields, with a track record of outstanding achievements
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to organize and coordinate project execution, drive problem solving and content development as well as lead teams and clients
- Self-determined drive to deliver superior performance for our clients
- Excellent problem-solving/ analytical skills and learning agility/ ability to learn new content quickly
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a diverse, cross-functional team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex ideas into clear messages
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Genuine passion for the financial sector, especially with a focus on sustainability or capital markets
- Fluency in Standard MS Office tools incl. Excel and PowerPoint
Your learning & development will include:
- Deep and continuous learning experience facing innovative and complex challenges and evolving market trends, allowing to become subject matter expert in topics such as sustainability and capital markets
- Building project management and leadership skills by executing projects, leading teams and interfacing with clients
- Developing/ enhancing client management and commercial skills through support on new business opportunities development alongside FMA senior leadership
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.