What we do
BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That’s why investors of all kinds have made us the world’s largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it’s why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
About this role
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.8 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit blackrock.com
About iShares by BlackRock (iShares is a product brand within BlackRock)
Why we do what we do
Championing investor progress has been at the heart of the iShares mission from the beginning. Everything we do is about empowering investors so they can take control of their financial futures. You would never settle for the status quo — that’s why iShares relentlessly pursues better ways to invest.
Progress in action
We’re committed to matching the ambitions of our investors by delivering quality exchange traded funds (ETFs) and solutions for their financial needs. iShares has been a leader in the ETF marketplace for more than two decades by providing portfolio building blocks for investors large and small. Today, iShares ETFs make it simple for everyone to invest with efficiency and transparency at a fair price.
Driving investor progress starts with engineering quality exchange traded funds (ETF) that perform as designed. It means innovating to stay ahead of market realities and anticipating investors’ needs. We were first to offer ETFs that simplify bond investing and are at the forefront in providing factor ETFs that capture historical drivers of return.1 Our sustainable ETFs deliver environmental, social, and governance (ESG) insights that allow investors to place sustainability at the heart of portfolios. iShares megatrend ETFs help make tomorrow’s growth opportunities available to everyone. Few other ETF providers can demonstrate the same history of innovation.
iShares doesn’t just engineer quality products. We aim to evolve how investors think about portfolio construction and advance the idea that ESG issues influence performance. We offer tools, information, and products so that whatever your goal, we can help.
The power of choice
We believe that investors deserve choice. That’s why iShares ETFs are designed to offer flexible access to a wide array of investments—from stocks, to bonds, to a growing number of other strategies—in a tax-efficient, low-cost way. The global roster of iShares ETFs counts more than 800 products and over $2 trillion in assets—more than any other ETF provider.
The breadth of our ETF range makes it convenient to invest for the long term, seek to minimize risk, and match financial goals with personal beliefs. As we continue to grow, we will never stop seeking out ways to help investors on their journeys toward financial well-being. For additional information on iShares, please visit iShares.com/uk
Reporting into the Head of EMEA iShares Brand and Campaigns, the role sits within the EMEA central marketing team focusing on EMEA-wide iShares campaigns across 17 EMEA countries. As a central function the team is responsible for creating on and off-site client experiences that build iShares brand and product awareness, consideration and preference.
- Investor research: Responsible for driving 4/5 annual investor behavioural/attitudinal research projects across different iShares product/service offerings. This will involve working in close collaboration with different subject matter experts as well as our research/creative agencies.
- Brand and product narrative development: Based on investor research and insights from our client facing teams work with the product leads to develop compelling brand and product narratives/stories with a specific focus on the iShares brand, sustainable investing and fixed income.
- Industry leading content distribution strategy: Lead and continually evolve our paid content distribution strategy by working with product leads and our creative agencies to develop innovative, engaging and industry leading story-based assets across paid and owned channels (LinkedIn, native advertising, publishers content integrations/partnerships and our website). Ensure our paid and owned distribution channel strategy is aligned with our earned approach through the PR/comms team.
- Creative testing and optimization: Drive a culture of learning through creative/narrative testing, learning, sharing and optimizing across the full range of content distribution media channels.
- Campaign editorial calendar: Own the campaign editorial calendar across multiple product themes, ensuring that messaging is aligned with the macro environment, evolving business needs/priorities and there are synergies across different themes.
- Relationships: Build and maintain strong working relationships with the local market country marketing managers (CMMs) and ensure central marketing initiatives are aligned with local objectives and emerging opportunities. Work in lockstep with both the client marketing and product marketing teams which also sit within the EMEA central marketing team. Build a network of contacts across different product/service specialists within EMEA. Build effective relationships with marketing counterparts in New York, San Francisco, Latin America and APAC.
- Ideally 8 years marketing experience, preferably in the financial service industry or similar regulated environment.
- Experience writing marketing materials with excellent written English.
- Strong content marketing experience across paid LinkedIn, media publisher content partnerships and owned channels (web).
- Previous experience building product and thought-leadership website experiences including an understanding of key UX principles
- Ideally experience scaling campaigns across multiple languages/countries
- Investment/financial knowledge is an advantage
- Managerial experience is an advantage as we will look to build a team around the new role.
- Relationships driven with the ability to build strong relationships quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with extremely good attention to detail.
- Strong eye for design and consistency of brand visual identity.
- Able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, drive forward key initiatives and manage workflow on simultaneous projects.
- Creative, ideas-driven and self-motivated.
- Able to work independently, yet a team player.
- Ability to work effectively in an international team environment often in a complex matrix structure.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #