What we do
BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That’s why investors of all kinds have made us the world’s largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it’s why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
About this role
As we evolve the Aladdin Platform and accelerate our Aladdin Studio and Aladdin Data Warehouse strategy, the Director, Commercial Lead for Aladdin Data Warehouse will hold accountability for the commercial development of the offering. This includes maintaining existing client relationships, identifying new revenue opportunities, and developing the pricing model for prospective and existing clients. This leader will partner with specialists across a cross-functional team – including members of our business development, client relationship, support, product management, and engineering functions.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in driving the success and commercial performance of a data warehouse or data management platform. This leader will have enabled the growth of a highly successful business through:
- Engaging senior technology executives on technology trends
- Driving strategic product direction
- Developing a successful revenue model
- Striking strategic partnerships
- · Leading engagements across the sales lifecycle
This is a highly collaborative role, requiring partnership with global counterparts and reports into the General Manager of Aladdin Data Warehouse.
- Client opportunity: Define the commercial opportunity for Aladdin Data Warehouse in conjunction with our core Aladdin offerings.
- Commercial opportunity: Generate meaningful new revenue through Aladdin Data Warehouse. Lead and navigate complex client engagements. Operate as a go-to-point of contact for Aladdin Data Warehouse to the market.
- Dedication to build: Operate as evangelist within the 1Aladdin organization to develop the Aladdin Data Warehouse business.
- Cross functional engagement: Lead a dedicated, commercially oriented team that is directly focused on capturing revenue.
- Talent development: Develop and retain a robust team, offering ongoing feedback and overall career mentorship. Build the right talent balance by assessing skill sets and by providing ongoing mentoring to the team.
- 1Aladdin & BlackRock engagement: Drive colleague engagement toward the Aladdin Data Warehouse vision including driving product and feature evolution with strategic partnerships.
- 10+ years of experience operating within a technology platform / business.
- Experience building data products and data strategies.
- Outstanding track-record as a platform and general management leader with measurable impacts and tangible achievements.
- Demonstrated breadth of capabilities cover the full scope of business activities and functions that form the role.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence through all levels of an organization, demonstrated through excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and lead high performing teams, operating across a large organization.
- Ability to influence and scale horizontally across virtual teams.
- Institutional financial services technology experience preferred.
- Engineering, development, and technical background a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #