What we do
BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That’s why investors of all kinds have made us the world’s largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it’s why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
About this role
BlackRock, Inc. (NYSE: BLK) is a leading publicly traded investment management firm. Clients trust BlackRock to manage more than $6.8 trillion dollars, more money than any other investment firm in the world. With approximately 16,000 employees in more than 30 countries, BlackRock provides a broad range of investment and risk management services to institutional and retail clients worldwide and is a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
BlackRock’s diverse platform of active and index investment strategies across asset classes enables the firm to tailor investment outcomes and asset allocation solutions for clients. Product offerings include single- and multi-asset class portfolios investing in equities, fixed income, alternatives and money market instruments.
Products are offered directly and through intermediaries in a variety of vehicles, including open-end and closed end mutual funds, iShares® exchange-traded funds (“ETFs”), separate accounts, collective investment funds and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers the BlackRock Solutions® investment and risk management technology platform, Aladdin®, risk analytics and advisory services and solutions to a broad base of institutional investors. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview
BlackRock’s ETFs and Index Investments (EII) team manages more than $4 trillion in global passive equity assets across Global Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs. This includes BlackRock’s iShares product line, the leading provider of ETFs in the world, with over $2 trillion in assets under management. With a global footprint, strong client orientation and an innovative product range, iShares was the industry’s number one in flows in 2018 with $168 billion. iShares operates over 950 ETFs, the broadest range of ETF investment options, offering exposure to virtually the entire investable universe, from the most essential to the deepest niche; and our funds are equally accessible to institutions, advisers and individuals. Product lines provide efficient exposure across equities, fixed income, real estate and commodities, as well as strategies such as smart beta and sustainable investing. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors.
The APAC EII Products and Markets Team works to deliver, manage and monitor iShares investment vehicles, relevant to our clients. Professionals in the Global Markets function seek to improve the processing of iShares ETF orders for funds domiciled in the region and/or traded in Asian hours. They are responsible for protecting and growing ETF trading (both primary and secondary) and developing and enhancing the ETF ecosystem, which encompasses investors, broker-dealers, market-makers, trading venues and technology providers.
The position of Head of ETF Markets Structure APAC will be primarily responsible for:
- Championing standards for ETF trading practices in the region
- Analysing ETF market structure in APAC (in particular secondary trading) and proposing market-based solutions to enhance the ETF market structure, in collaboration with exchange and market participants
- Providing policy and market structure recommendations that promote the long-term growth of the ETF industry in the region both from a local and cross-border sales perspectives
- Advocating for change to
- Reduce frictions in trading Asian underlying exposures, in particular from an indexing perspective
- Promote enhancements to global index construction (e.g. China A inclusion, etc.)
- Improve the efficiency of our global ETFs investing in the region, across asset classes
The position is based in Hong Kong.
The iShares Head of ETF Markets Structure APAC will work closely with EII stakeholders (markets, products, portfolio management in equity and fixed income) and partner groups, such as Trading, Lending and Liquidity Group, Global Public Policy Group, Legal and Compliance, Global Product Group, as well as external stakeholders including Market Participants, index providers, other ETF Providers, Fund Managers and Brokerage Associations, ETF Service Providers (Trustees, Custodian Banks, Registrars, Depositaries…), Exchanges and Regulatory Authorities in APAC to define priorities and enhance the ETF ecosystem in the region, in alignment with our EII growth strategy for the region.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Required:
- 10 years+ relevant markets experience, preferably in a market structure and/or trading role
- In-depth understanding of the markets in the region, knowledge of ETF and fund structures a plus
- Demonstrates a high level of independence, challenging status quo and curious about global financial markets developments and fund regulatory reforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to drive discussions on market structure, write thought leadership papers and conduct effective briefings/presentations to regulators and stakeholders
- Strong relationship management skills with both internal and external partners to deliver results. Partnership mindset is key.
- Strong professional integrity and ethics
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #