BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That’s why investors of all kinds have made us the world’s largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it’s why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
About this role
About the role:
You can work with us at one of the world’s top FinTech companies. We sell our Aladdin platform to over 200 of the top global corporations, in total managing about quarter of all the world’s money under management.
We are a global but close-knit team of individuals who share a common goal of providing the very best possible level of support to our business partners and customers. From the top of the firm down, we embrace the diversity of values, identities and ideas brought by our employees. We are serious about our people and offer Flexible Time Off, collaborative working spaces and a number of other benefits.
We have a wide and varied stack and skillset, but we’re particularly interested in meeting people with skills in some of the following: Strong Leadership, Data-driven Analysis, Linux, Networking Concepts, Distributed Databases, and Cloud Platform offerings like Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, and Google.
We are looking for people with 5+ years of strong background in supporting mission-critical applications, a track record in exceptional service delivery across infrastructure and problem-solving.
If any of this excites you, we want to talk to you.
Client Technical Services (CTS) is part of the Aladdin Product Group Platform Services function and plays an essential role in integrating cross functional teams in support of Aladdin, providing technical engagement for Aladdin clients, leading the technical implementation of Aladdin at new clients and acting as the internal technical liaison for Aladdin Client Engagement (https://www.blackrock.com/aladdin/home). Additionally, CTS owns critical governance functions such as Change Management, as well as leading platform wide strategic initiatives through its Project Management function.
CTS is a fast-paced team operating in a dynamic environment and provides the right individual with challenging work and an opportunity to lead cross functional groups in achieving a wide variety of objectives.
Job Purpose / Responsibilities:
The candidate will work across functions within CTS to provide leadership and guidance to accomplish the team’s strategic goals. This is a client-facing role that focuses on end-user experience, improving the team’s knowledgebase, resolving issues in a timely manner, and building relationship with partners in other teams across APG, BRS, and the technology organizations. The team lead will be responsible for the day-to-day operations as well as helping to drive the strategic direction of the team’s global initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Handle the book to work for the team, delegating responsibilities to the local team where required
- Collaboration with leads in other regions to ensure adequate resourcing across functions
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the Aladdin platform and architecture to further enhance support procedures and reduce time to resolve
- Provide mentorship to the local team
- Set standards and maintain quality of service within the team
A successful candidate is expected to possess and demonstrate the following:
- 5+ years of experience in a technical support engineer, desktop support engineer, IT help desk, or similar role, financial services a plus.
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to integrate multiple technical disciplines in achieving a stated objective.
- Solid technical acumen, including desktop technology, basic TCP/IP networking and Java-based applications.
- Ability to learn, diagnose, and fix advanced technical issues with Windows operating systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, driven and able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to resolve conflicting high-priority requirements
- Results-oriented professional committed to personally driving objectives to completion, maintaining flexibility where an adjusted work schedule and/or evening/weekend work are required.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or technical certifications desired.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.96 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
We are working with Big Data, creating new digital products and always looking for a chance to disrupt our industry for the better. There is a real sense of purpose to our work in that we’re innovating to solve some of the world’s most complex challenges in order to help more and more people achieve financial well-being.