BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That’s why investors of all kinds have made us the world’s largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it’s why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
About this role
What is Aladdin?
The Aladdin® product unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step in the investment process. Aladdin enables organizations to communicate better, work smarter, see clearer, and move faster in a changing landscape.Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry’s thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group creates next generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets, support millions of financial instruments and their risk calculations and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide.
With operations all over the world and a range of investment products and services, BlackRock is one of the most complex financial services organizations servicing clients today. In order to achieve operational excellence, BlackRock’s operations teams ensure BlackRock's corporate, mid- and back-office functions are consistent and efficient across investment products, client channels and regions.
The Finance Operating Platform team is responsible for developing, implementing, connecting and supporting key Finance Operating systems globally. The remit extends to a wide variety of applications, with many different tech stacks across a wide range of in-house developed and externally hosted solutions.
Job Purpose/ Responsibilities
This role offers the opportunity to partner with proficient software engineers to continue the build out of BlackRock’s operational capabilities.These are heavily relied upon products used across BlackRock and external clients.
We are seeking candidates who have relevant experience in the design, development and support of extensions/customizations in the Oracle E-Business Suite. Candidate must have strong technical exposure on Oracle EBS, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle APEX, Hyperion Financial Management and Coupa but with a desire to expand their skillset to some of the latest technologies, such as AngularJS, RxJS, npm, Webpack, NodeJS, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Solr and Cassendra and more.The role will also afford the chance to learn about the FinTech industry.
• Work alongside project managers, other technical leads and business analysts to deliver world class FinTech solutions.
• Technical team lead who leads by example and manages a team of technical resources to deliver solutions.
Encourages themselves and others to investigate, probe, challenge and develop autonomous support and development strategies whilst at the same time sharing and collaborating on findings and solutions with the wider group
• Creates and maintains close working relationships with the functional analysis and requirements teams; formulates technical specifications from functional requirements documents.
• Ensures the quality of the code delivered into the BAU footprint by applying and enforcing agreed coding standards.
• Collaborate with team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment. Share and collaborate on findings and solutions with the wider group.
• Develop and maintain strategic operational systems, tools and processes, including participation in tactical and strategic development projects. Challenge themselves and others to think of better ways to do business. Encourages themselves and others to investigate, probe, challenge and develop autonomous processes and development strategies to enhance the client experience.
• Understand and refine business and functional requirements. Partner with our business users to understand business process and think innovatively on how to use technology to drive business change.
• Involve in the day-to-day technical delivery of one or more development packages to the agreed business requirements and quality criteria, which includes development, testing and release.
Drive the future technical roadmap of the Oracle platform (Cloud, Cloud Migrations, SAAS interconnectivity, Mobile)
• 4+ years of technical experience in Oracle EBS (E-Business Suite) R12.1.3 with a focus on Oracle Financials (AP, AR, GL and CM)
• Team lead experience
• Must have hands-on development experience in PL/SQL, XML Publisher Reports, OAF, Forms Personalization and Alerts
• 4+ years Oracle PL/SQL
• 2+ years Core JAVA experience
• 2+ years UNIX experience (ksh, bash, shell scripts).
• 4+ years of experience and CS degree or equivalent education.
• Independent, motivated, and collaborative.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Must have a strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize time and work under pressure to
• Any experience connecting SAAS solutions to on-premise or connecting SAAS to SAAS solutions.
• Any Oracle HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) knowledge
• Any experience in ODI and Cognos BI
• Any REST API experience (postman, connecting to REST APIs through PL/SQL)
• Any JSON, RESTful webservice development in Oracle APEX (4.2 or 5)
• Any experience in object oriented scripting design and development experience (Python, Perl).
• Any experience with at least one NoSQL Database (Apache Cassandra)
• Interest in FinTech and financial markets
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
We are working with Big Data, creating new digital products and always looking for a chance to disrupt our industry for the better. There is a real sense of purpose to our work in that we’re innovating to solve some of the world’s most complex challenges in order to help more and more people achieve financial well-being.